- Smoking is the single most preventable cause of disease and death in the United States. It’s scary but true: Tobacco is the only consumer product known to kill half of its users. Don’t you be one of them!
- But there’s good news too. The health benefits of stopping smoking are immediate and long-lasting. And it’s never too late to quit – for your health and the health of the people you love.
- Smoking causes almost one-third of all cancer deaths and one-fifth of deaths from heart disease and stroke. Smoking complicates diabetes, and recent studies now link tobacco use to an increased risk of developing the disease.
- If you’re a smoker, ask your doctor for help with quitting, and contact us for resources that can double your chances of success.
- Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things you’ll ever do, but you'll be glad you did.
View our Tips for Quitting!